With the preorder of Five Parsecs from Home 3rd Edition now available, I've decided to start a new campaign using all the new bells and whistles.
The Star of Meli has recently landed on Topher's Reach, a colony world on the fringe of Unity space. This backwater planet isn't equipped to support starships. The downport at Second Landing consists of little more than a control tower (more like a bunker, actually); plascrete tarmac divided into "bays" with weathered, barely visible paint; and a battered fuel processor supported by a couple equally battered fueling bowsers. Fortunately, the ship isn't damaged. At least the place doesn't have a crowd of nut-jobs out to kill the crew, like on New Olympus.
At the start of the campaign, the crew has:
- The Star of Meli, an unreliable merchant cruiser, and 22 credits of debt remaining on the ship.
- 26 credits
- a Sector Permit which helps them deal with local licensing issues.
- one Rival, the nut-jobs mentioned before, who at some point will show up and cause havoc.
- one Patron, Jana Roguez, a representative of the sector government who occasionally passes jobs to the crew.
- 8 story points which let me "cheat" when the dice don't go my way. If I remember to use them, which I often don't.
- No quest or rumors.